In an earlier post, we talked about how to create the kind of engaging, high-quality content for your website that will attract readers, produce customers, and generate better Google rankings. But once you create that content and post it on your website or blog, what else should you do with it? Why, share it on social media, of course!
Hopefully, you are creating content that answers the questions asked by searchers looking for the products or services that your company provides, particularly as they use voice search. Providing that kind of high-quality content will help you get found online. And getting found online will help you move up in Google’s search rankings.
Now here’s how you can use that content on your social media platforms.
From featured snippet to FAQ
There is a wide range of website content that we recommend sharing on social media. Here are a few that we consider key:
- If you are lucky enough to have your content show up as a featured snippet on Google, share the link to that.
- If your website has an FAQ page – and it should – share a popular question and answer. Or share two. Or three. Or more. One at a time. What’s more, if your FAQ page is thorough enough or helpful enough, it could be your company’s ticket to the legendary featured snippet box.
- If you have a blog post that does a great job of addressing an industry question, turn it into an infographic and share it. People love visuals that provide information without a lot of text.
- If you have produced a creative video, share it. Social media content consisting of videos receives more engagement and produces more fruitful returns.
Tell me more
There are other ways to repurpose your blog posts. Here are just a few:
- Share a teaser. Create interest in an upcoming blog post by posting an image, an excerpt, or a quote.
- Share a fact or stat. Your blog post is likely to be full of them. Pick the most intriguing and share them on social.
- Pull a quote. Make sure your blog post includes a few lines that are quote-worthy and they can provide fodder for social.
- Think quizzes and polls. Figure out an angle that connects with your blog post and post it on social, possibly as a story.
- Got a good photo in your blog post? Post it on social. By itself.
- Try a meme that picks up a point from your blog post. Make it entertaining.
- Summarize your blog post in a list. Post it on social. Include a hashtag.
Reap the social media rewards
Doing all this – and more — will help you reap the rewards of social media. You’ll engage your customers by delivering interactive and professional content that will help improve your online visibility and expand your customer reach.
TCM can do it for you
If you’re not sure how to do your own social media, reach out to Triple Canopy Media. At Triple Canopy Media we would be glad to show you how it’s done. Or do it for you.
Here’s what we do:
- We assess your needs, determine which social media platforms will best serve them, and set up a regular process for sharing carefully crafted content about your business via selected platforms.
- We create a cohesive strategy and measurement plan.
- We integrate the plan across the organization.
- Finally, we use metrics to monitor content marketing performance and ROI.