You’re writing a blog post. And you plan to share it on your social media accounts by posting the link with a photo and hoping your followers will click and follow you there. But there’s another way, one that will allow you to generate a month’s worth of social posts from just one blog post.
Below are some ways to do just that, as shared by Josh Barney on Einstein Marketer and Kylie Fennell on MavSocial.
Get a month of social posts from one blog post
- Share a teaser. Create interest in an upcoming blog post by posting an image, an excerpt, or a quote.
- Share a fact or stat. Your blog post is likely to be full of them. Pick the most intriguing and share them on social.
- Pull a quote. Make sure your blog post includes a few lines that are quote-worthy and they can provide fodder for social.
- Ask a question. Make it thought-provoking.
- Make a bold statement that connects with your blog post.
- Mention – and tag – your sources.
- Create a visual slideshow. Choose the most valuable sub-headings from your blog post, place them into a slideshow that provides a post summary.
- Turn your blog post into an infographic.
- Think quizzes and polls. Figure out an angle that connects with your blog post and post it on social, possibly as a story.
- Got a good photo in your blog post? Post it on social. By itself.
- Try a meme that picks up a point from your blog post. Make it entertaining.
- Add a GIF to a short piece of copy from your blog post.
- Create a video post from your blog post.
- Summarize your blog post in a list. Post it on social. Include a hashtag.
More social media post ideas
Still in need of ideas for things to post on social media? Check out this list:
- Workplace photo: behind the scenes
- An answer from your FAQ
- Introduction to new employee
- Share product/service popular with your customers
- Interview or case study with a customer
- Customer review
- Community event
- Something funny
- Your company’s story: share one piece at a time
- Seasonal item
- Inspiring quote
- Highlight customer of the month
- An event you attended
- Attention-grabbing statistic
- Fill-in-the-blank post
- Video featuring products or people from your business
- Repeat top-performing posts
- Email newsletter
- Infographic link
- Survey link
- Correct a misperception
- Favorite book or playlist
- Shout-out to other local business
- Industry research
- Helpful tip(s) related to your products or services
- Celebration of company milestone
- Promote your other social networks
- Ask people to join your mailing list
Reap the rewards
Doing all this – and more — will help you reap the rewards of social media. You’ll engage your customers by delivering interactive and professional content that will help improve your online visibility and expand your customer reach.
TCM can do it for you
If you’re not sure how to do your own social media, reach out to Triple Canopy Media. At Triple Canopy Media we would be glad to show you how it’s done. Or do it for you.
Here’s what we do:
- We assess your needs, determine which social media platforms will best serve them, and set up a regular process for sharing carefully crafted content about your business via selected platforms.
- We create a cohesive strategy and measurement plan.
- We integrate the plan across the organization.
- Finally, we use metrics to monitor content marketing performance and ROI.